ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Why Do I Bother?

Friday, October 05, 2007

Why Do I Bother?

I've been all excited for several weeks now, thinking that SOMEONE was going to come to represent my family at Alyssa's birthday party. No one from my family EVER comes. So this year, my sister was speaking positively and so were my grandparents. Then, my sister declined, due to the air conditioner in her car being out and it being a 4 hour drive from there to here (can't blame her for that one). It was okay anyway, because my grandparents were still coming. Then, today, I talked to my grandpa and he said that they weren't going to be able to come either. So, once again, there will be NO ONE from my family there. UGH!! It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't counting on someone coming. I guess that's what happens when I look too forward to something. The show must go on, I suppose. It's times like these when I REALLY wish I had parents. I don't understand why God took my daughter's grandparents LONG before her birth, and then makes it so that none of the rest of them can come to her parties, either. I don't get it! Oh well.

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is too bad. I used to worry about things like that but then decided it was their loss and moved on. I feel bad for you though. I'm sure it hurts. Happy Birthday to your daughter!