ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Happy Birthday, Alyssa

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Happy Birthday, Alyssa

Today was my baby's 5th birthday. We woke her up and had a couple of gifts, some flowers, and a donut with a candle in it. Her gifts were a Barbie in The Island Princess DVD and a Cabbage Patch Kid. Granted, she already HAS two Cabbage Patch Kids, but this one was one I searched for for about 2 years. It has her birthday!

Then we had the Celebration of Life at her school. That was sweet. The teacher lit a candle in the middle of the carpet, symbolizing the sun. I had written a story about Alyssa's life and brought some pictures, as I was instructed. So, while the teacher read the story, Alyssa would pass around her pictures and then the teacher would give her a globe each time she finished a year in the story and Alyssa would walk around the candle, "circling the sun". It was really adorable. And, we had cupcakes after that.

Now, I'm just preparing for the party. We're having it at Excalibur on Saturday and, so far, I've had 14 kids confirm that they could come and there are still 4 or 5 I haven't heard from. I'm thinking this will be a successful party and I'm pumped up about it.