ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: R.I.P.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

R.I.P.

I am still shocked. I am still deeply shocked and saddened about yesterday's news of Heath Ledger's death. I fell "in love" with this curly haired Aussie when I saw A Knight's Tale in the theater in 2001. From that time, I watched him change his image both on and off screen. I got to feel jealousy when I learned of his relationship with Michelle Williams (didn't he realize that he was supposed to wait for ME???), I got to laugh when I learned that he was going to play a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain. I got to be excited when he was nominated for an Oscar for that role and I got to be irate when he was "robbed". And, yesterday, I got to be devastated when I heard that he is no longer with us. I'm not going to pretend to have known him personally. We never met. But, I do get to feel the grief, mainly for his 2 year old daughter, as I HAVE been in a similar position to where she is today, half-orphaned at a young age. Regardless of the rhyme and reason behind it, this was most definitely a life needlessly lost too early.

Rest In Peace, Heath Ledger (1979-2008)
Photobucket

No comments: