ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: ARGH!

Monday, January 21, 2008

ARGH!

Why are kids so trying? I love my 5 year old with every fiber of my existence, but geez! I sometimes think she is seriously trying to kill me! She can't understand the concept of "don't break all your crayons in half", no matter how many boxes of crayons we go through. And, if I hear "can I have....?" one more time, followed by "PLEASE???" after I've already said "no", I'm going to go ballistic! I know, I know...she's just a kid. I understand that. But, I just don't recall being THIS obnoxious when I was a kid. I had my moments, yes...but, in my house, "no" meant "no". It didn't mean "continue begging until I give in" and it didn't mean "I might have said no, but please go ask your other parent, in case they think differently". It means "NO"! I'm learning a lot about parenting, but there are some things I still need help with. So, if anyone has any pointers on how to make a child clean her room or how to make her stop pouting when every little thing doesn't go her way, I'd be more than happy to hear them!!

No comments: