ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Baby Fever

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Baby Fever

Yes, I have it. My only "baby" is five years old and I'm emotionally ready for number 2. Physically, though, I'm a mess! I want a baby so badly, but there's no way my body could handle it. I have a friend who is having her second daughter in a matter of weeks (about three, actually) and I'm a little envious. Part of me isn't, because, I know that while she's up and down all night long, I'll be sleeping soundly with my 5 year old. On the other hand, I went to see her nursery today and I really wish I could buy little bitty things and prepare for another love in my life. I suppose I'll maintain what I've always said, which is, there's a Power that's bigger than me, and if God intends that I should ever have another baby, then I will, regardless of what I try to do to prevent it (Alyssa is proof of that). However, if I'm not, then I won't and I'll just enjoy the daughter He's already blessed me with. Hard pill to swallow, but that's what I have to do.

No comments: