ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: I'm a Bloody Target

Sunday, September 02, 2007

I'm a Bloody Target

I'm a target for all the bad drivers in Monroe! A few months ago, I was driving down the interstate, minding my business, and some "girl" in a white SUV decided that, rather than waiting for me to pass by, she would just merge in on top of me! And, if that wasn't bad enough, she just drove off! I had to call the cops and they tracked her down. Crazy, right? So, Alyssa and I were in a shopping center a week or so ago, shopping for a bird feeder for her school, and while we were there, I decided to stop by Spoiled Rotten, which is a store with grossly overpriced, but adorable, clothes for kids. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, Alyssa jumped up and said she had forgotten her purse in Spoiled Rotten. Granted, there was nothing IN the purse, but I remember a time when I left a Clifford the Dog sticker under a rack at Fred's and my mother wouldn't go back and let me get it (understandably so). I remember being crushed and devastated at the loss of my sticker and I vowed that, if there were any way possible, I would always return to try to find anything my child left in a store. So far, in my daughter's 5 years, I have had to go back to McRae's for a toy phone, SteinMart for a purse (different purse) and Wal-Mart for....something....I can't even remember what it was. Anyway, long story short, I pull out onto the road and then loop back into the parking lot to go back to Spoiled Rotten to get the purse and as soon as I got in, someone hit me! Luckily, he was very nice about it, admitted his fault and gave me his insurance info. It didn't do any real damage, though, and Greg said we wouldn't even bother filing it or fixing it. It just scratched the paint a bit...no biggie! But, I am such a target!!!

No comments: