ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Five On Friday

Friday, April 27, 2007

Five On Friday

I thought these questions were interesting:

1. Do you curse/swear or otherwise use curse/swear words?

Yes, I do. More than I should, I'm afraid.


2. Do you substitute faux curse words, like shoot or crap, for the real thing?

When I think about what I'm going to say ahead of time, I do...particularly when my 4 year old is around!


3. Which curse words and phrases do you abuse most often?

LOL! I don't know if there are any I use "most often". I don't play favorites!

4. Are you annoyed or pleased when you hear movies, songs, or shows that have been edited to cover or replace inappropriate language?

I usually don't care. What does annoy me though, is when they will edit out certain words, but then allow others that, in my opinion, are just as "bad" if not worse!

5. What are your thoughts on the use of curses and swear words in modern society? Is it more or less prevalent than in previous generations? Is it fine or causing irreprable harm to our culture? Do you think we should create (or in some cases keep) laws forbidding cursing?

I don't know if you can really place and enforce a law against it. The words being used in modern society doesn't really bother me. The only thing I wish would happen is for people to TRY to refrain from using the language around children. I'm an adult and I don't offend easily, nor do I really care what ADULT my language offends, but I don't want my child picking up foul language from a perfect stranger. Tact is the key!

1 comment:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

you foul mouthed thing you LOL