ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Meltdown....

Friday, December 01, 2006

Meltdown....

Meltdown....
Current mood: blah
Category: Life


I hate holidays. I shouldn't feel that way. I have a daughter....that should make my holidays great, and it does, to a point. I feel like I have a reason to put up a tree and a reason to shop for toys and a reason to bake cookies, etc. I guess I'm just feeling a little melancholy because I put up my tree today. I put my father's favorite airplane ornament on and some of the little ballerinas and soldiers that my mother made and it just made me miss them more than I do on a regular day. I've said this before and I'll say it a million more times before I die....it is NOT fair that I can't spend Christmas with my mom and dad! Believe it or not, I try NOT to dwell on that...I really do, but it just makes me sad to think that my parents hung those ornaments on THEIR tree every year and now the only thing left are the ornaments and the memories. And, one day, that's all that will be left of me.

However, aside from that, I got my tree up. I got it decorated. I got the stockings hung and I got the Christmas countdown thingys put up. Now, tomorrow, I will work on wreaths and candles and crap. I'm just tired now and sick of doing Christmas junk!!

No comments: