ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Hysterical Mommy Story

Monday, August 20, 2007

Hysterical Mommy Story

Okay...just a little setup here. For those who don't know (and I can't imagine who wouldn't since her picture is all over my profile), I have a 4 year old daughter, Alyssa. Well, I have a habit of giving her all the junk mail we recieve, all the stuff addressed to "resident", etc. because she LOVES to get "mail". So, I got out of the shower a few minutes ago and found her sitting on the loveseat, with huge tears running down her cheeks. It appeared she had been crying for awhile. So, I said, "What's wrong, baby?" and she grabbed her piece of "resident" mail I had given her and said, "I got a letter from the cops". So, I looked, and, sure enough, it was an ad for the Crime Stoppers of Ouachita! It had a picture of handcuffs and such as that. She was scared silly that they were coming to put her in jail because she was bad to her Mommy and Daddy! Poor thing!! I tried really hard not to laugh as I explained to her what the "letter" was really about. Luckily, I think she feels better now!

1 comment:

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

Oh that's too cute. My kids get the junk mail pile too! Ethan's favorite is the junk credit card mail that comes with the fakey credit card. He carries them in his pocket and offers to pay with his "debit card" at the store.