ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Uncanny Resemblance

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Uncanny Resemblance

I might have mentioned this before, but my daughter and I are "old people magnets". When she and I are in a store, it seems like every senior citizen there wants to talk to us, which is fine. I like old people, for the most part. There was this one old couple, we'll call them "Bob and Sally Smith", which TOTALLY aren't their real names. They stopped us in Wal-Mart and chatted with us. "Sally" reminded me of my father's mother, who I loathe, but I didn't hold that against her. They told me how cute my daughter was and he gave me his info, because he's an accountant (retired, surely). Not sure why he thought I needed an accountant, but whatever. So, then, "Sally" handed me a little calendar, a notepad, and a pen that all said, "I stole this *object* from 'Sally Smith'". Amusing, yes? Turns out, that woman is all over town passing these little "funnies" out. I was in the grocery store a week or so later, and the pen they had up there for me to sign my slip with was one of those same custom pens from "Sally". I've seen that same couple about a million times since then. They're sweet, but a little odd, I'd say!

No comments: