ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: It's OVER!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

It's OVER!!

FINALLY!! Christmas is OVER!! I was well pleased with the whole holiday, aside from my kid being sick...again. She and I spent Christmas Eve night riding around looking at Christmas lights in the different neighborhoods. Then, Christmas morning, we got up to see what Santa had brought her. She got a little basketball goal (just her size), a Chat Diva Barbie, an ice cream maker and cute little ice cream bowls. She also got a Webkinz, a Lite Brite, a set of bongos and a bunch of cute things. Anyway, after that was over, we all loaded up, went and picked Greg's son up from his mom's and we all went down to my mother-in-law's house and opened our family gifts there. Alyssa got a set of golf clubs, a FurReal gorilla, a Hannah Montana doll, a princess watch from her brother and a Nintendo DS Lite with a game. I was really excited because I got a nail care set from that kiosk in the mall (LOVE that stuff), the camera I wanted, and a beautiful butterfly necklace. I think the necklace is my favorite, simply because my little girl picked it out all by herself! Greg took her to the store and basically turned her loose. He said she walked around, looking, and all of a sudden she stopped, put her hands over her mouth and whispered, "Daddy...it's PERFECT!!" He said he showed her heart shaped necklaces and such but she would not be moved. She said the butterfly was "perfect for Mommy because she likes butterflies and so do I". So, that's the gift I will most cherish.

When we left my mother-in-law's, Alyssa and I went to Mississippi to spend the remainder of Christmas Day with my family. We spent the night at my grandparents' house and came back yesterday, just in time for me to take Alyssa to the doctor to get medicine for what appears to be a respiratory infection. Yay! Her cough sounds so bad...I just wish there were more I could do for her. I hate it when my baby isn't feeling good. She doesn't feel bad...she isn't acting "off" or anything...she just has a horrible cough. Poor baby.

No comments: