ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: My Little Girl

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My Little Girl

I'm sitting here, in the bed, watching my 4 year old daughter sleeping beside me, and I can't believe how much my life has changed since this time 5 years ago. It was about this time in 2002 that I peed on a stick and wound up pregnant (and, yes, I realize that the pregnancy was NOT a direct result of peeing on the stick). I was not happy about it. I did not want any children. I was 22 years old, unmarried, and had just decided to go back to school to finish my education. A baby was absolutely the last thing I needed or wanted. But, alas, the stick was pink, so, ready or not....I would be lying if I didn't say that I explored ALL of my options at that point, but, in the end, I picked the absolute best one! I endured 9 months of annoying, uncomfortable body swelling. I endured morning sickness, and swollen ankles and heartburn. I survived labor and delivery to bring forth the most beautiful little girl ever conceived (mother's opinion). Motherhood is a job I was thrown into accidentally and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

No comments: