ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: 2007

Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

So, it's officially 2007 and I have a few resolutions. Keep in mind, I'm just pulling some of this out of my head right now. I haven't really thought that much about my resolutions, but I always have some, so here they are:

1. I'm going to start going to church. I need to get my daughter involved with things that will be a good influence on her.

2. I'm going to, slowly but surely, start adding more things to my meager diet. I recently started eating turkey, which is HUGE for me!! I've got to lick this eating disorder and apparently, I'm going to have to do it without any professional help.

3. I'm going to go back to school. I've got my application filled out and just waiting for the office to open again to take it by. I have to find my shot record and get financial aid in order before I can officially start, but I'm SOOOOO ready!! I'm going to major in English education and teach high school English.

4. I'm going to be diligent about sending birthday cards this year. I'm going to buy some in advance so I never have to run to the store and I'm going to fill out my calendar TODAY so I don't forget a birthday!!

5. I'm going to start buying Christmas and birthday gifts for my daughter in advance, because it always sets us WAY back, financially, assuming that we have the money to get her anything at all, which, for her birthday, we didn't, and it sucked. That is NOT happening again and I'm going to start in January buying things if I have to!

6. I'm going to keep my house cleaner.

7. I'm going to be more diligent about my self-improvement. My nails will ALWAYS be done...my hair will ALWAYS be cut and highlighted on schedule...my eyebrows will always be waxed. I'm tired of letting myself go because I'm lazy and/or broke!

8. I'm going to be more positive. From now on, no matter what is going on, I'm going to find SOMETHING positive to say about it. And, for every negative thing I say, I have to say five positive things to counter it. I'm tired of being such a pessimistic person. I've met enough people who do NOTHING but bitch, bitch, bitch and I realize how annoying it is to listen to and how I don't even want to answer the phone half the time when they call...and I don't want to be one of those people!

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll come up with other things I want to do this year to make my life better and make the people around me feel better. I'll keep you updated.

No comments: