ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Sad News

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Sad News

I received an email from a friend of mine from Texas today telling me that her son, Ian, passed away Saturday. He was not quite 3 years old. He and his sister, Hope, who is my daughter's age, were Alyssa's best friends when we lived in Texas. This is the saddest thing I've heard in a LONG time. Apparently, he got sick on Friday and kept getting worse, so she took him to the ER on Saturday and his heart stopped two hours later. It's scary, because it makes my own child seem less immortal. In my heart, I've always known that live is fragile, and that's why I have to take so many precautions as her parent, but, at the same time, in the back of my mind, I always think, "that couldn't happen to MY child". But, it could! It could have been Alyssa just as easily as it was Ian and that scares me more than anything in the world!

If you read this, and you believe in the power of prayer, please say one for my friend, Julia, her daughter, Hope, Hope and Ian's dad, Christopher, all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc....and, of course, Ian.

No comments: