ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Sad Stuff

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sad Stuff

For several hours now, I've been watching as MSNBC replays lots of footage of Tim Russert. In case anyone didn't know, Tim Russert was the moderator of "Meet the Press" and collapsed and died Friday at the age of 58. I'd be lying if I said that I was a huge fan of the show, because I'm really not into politics, but I do remember watching it years ago, when I lived with my grandparents. Grandpa would have it on every Sunday while I ate breakfast and got ready for church. I'm finding it to be a little sad that he's gone, mainly because, through the interviews and whatnot, I've come to the conclusion that he was genuinely a great guy and one I would have liked to have met. It's sad that his father lost a son and his son lost his father right before Fathers Day. My prayers are with his family.

No comments: