ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: Collections

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Collections

I've gotten to a point where I HATE laundry day. Previously, I didn't mind so much the washing or the drying and I could even tolerate the folding and putting away. But, since my daughter has come up with various things to "collect", laundry day has gotten to be a hassle.
Assuming that I remember to check her pockets, I'm subject to turning up anything from grass and rocks to change to whatever else the average 6 year old can stick in her pockets! Rocks seem to be her favorite and now there's one lodged in my agitator...and that agitates ME! Tiger Woods has fewer golf trophies than I have rocks in my house!
I don't want to put a damper on the little things my daughter enjoys, but how much more of this am I supposed to take??? I'm stepping on rocks, vacuuming up rocks, washing rocks in my washer, fishing them out of cats' water bowls and the toilet...I could build a new driveway just from the rocks in my shot glasses...it's ridiculous!! I love my baby girl, but we've got to stop with the rocks, already!!

No comments: