ss_blog_claim=cd46ef178142ba5c793d6628c487d5ef The Stuff I Think: My New Mentality

Sunday, March 09, 2008

My New Mentality

Those who know me know that I am a sarcastic, negative, cynical type person. I always look at my glass as half empty and "the world is against me". I blame life and circumstances, but that is no excuse. So, what I want to do is change my life and change my attitude. I was watching Joel Osteen tonight and I want some of what he was preaching about, which is God's favor. I've never been an overly religious person, but I DO believe in God and I do believe what the Bible says about God. I believe that He loves me and has a plan for me. Now, what I want to do is find that plan and be happy in my life. So, here's what I'm going to do. For every negative thing that I say, I will say five positive things to counter it. I'm hoping that this will train my brain to avoid "stinkin' thinkin'" (I got that phrase from some self-help tapes that my dad bought me when I was a teenager). Maybe I can not only be happier, but I can have more confidence, more friends, and more healthy relationships. That's what I'm hoping anyway!

No comments: